Project Management Governance:
- Establish the PMO role and operating model (e.g. centralized or decentralized, areas of focus).
- Set standards for project management capabilities, including certifications and qualifications for Project Managers, success measurement criteria, methodologies, tools to be used, etc.
- Create a ‘Centre of Excellence’ to nurture project management practitioners and share knowledge of industry best practices.
- Monitor compliance with policies and standards.
Project Management Team Leadership:
- Establish the PMO organization structure, hiring and managing staffing requirements in line with project objectives.
- Oversee the delegation of work to Project Managers, Program Managers and Business Analysts.
- Set annual performance targets for individuals and the team and conduct performance reviews.
Project Tracking & Monitoring:
- Track and provide project status and audit reports.
- Manage the risk, issue and change resolution process, and work with other leaders to take corrective action as needed.
- Oversee Project Managers for the delivery of projects/programs on time, within scope and on budget.
- Provide executive leaders with the information needed to assess which proposals have the highest potential value, impact and strategic alignment.
- Interface with executives to define project priorities and implementation opportunities and challenges and keep them up-to-date with project risks and opportunities.