The Application Support Specialist will work as a member of the Monat IT Strategic Applications Team. The IT StratApps Team is responsible for the maintenance, enhancement and support of Monat’s business applications.
• Identify and resolve issues within the various applications supported
• Assist in testing and upgrading existing applications
• Assist in implementing new phases of existing applications
• Develop and deliver progress reports and application documentation, as needed
• Develop best practices and tools for application execution and support other duties will vary as job responsibilities evolve
• Receives, records, researches, and resolves internal customer questions and problems of the software
• Develops, grows and maintains effective working relationships with the internal users of the software, IT Staff, and internal team members from all departments
• Develops, grows and maintains effective working relationships with external vendor partners
• Demonstrates a high level of composure, professionalism, communication, and knowledge to contribute to Company’s strong emphasis on customer (internal and external) satisfaction and loyalty
• Conducts problem analysis and resolution using basic troubleshooting skills, documented procedures and available tools
• Creates documentation for internal and external publication (as necessary)
• Strives to acquire and maintain a current knowledge of products, Support procedures, practices, and policies
• Works under immediate supervision but is self-motivated and can work independently in a high-volume, high-stress, high-fun, high excitement environment
• Typically reports to a supervisor or manager
Must have two to four years of experience in computer hardware, software, networking systems, and in the set-up, configuration, use, and troubleshooting of computer systems. Additionally, position requires:
• Excellent skills in the following areas: Follow-up, organization, analytical, flexibility, and internal processes.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal).
• Team player with the desire and capability to step in as needed to ensure the achievement of the department’s goals.
• Must enjoy working with computers, business applications