The IT Helpdesk Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of skilled Support Analysts in providing installation, maintenance and support for our End User Computing environment. This position is a leadership position that involves mentoring the IT Support team, providing a point of escalation for the team and prioritizing workload amongst the team.
Additional tasks include answering end users’ PC and software support questions, performing PC and peripheral maintenance, and assisting with PC and peripheral setups and software upgrades.
Daily tasks for the team include analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Help Desk. This position supervises a team that participates in on-call rotation that requires after-hours support and periodically adjust work hours to perform maintenance tasks at times least impactful to customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: (Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time).
• Train, educate, mentor and guide a team of skilled and dedicated Support Analysts as they troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, connectivity, and printer issues reported to the Help Desk.
• Install, configure and maintain Monat Global’s End User Computing (EUC) environment.
• Apply patches, configure security, and handle change control in accordance with company guidelines.
• Communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, peers and customers.
• Prepare and maintain system documentation and standards of work.
• Work with management to assign best resources to projects and continually evaluate workloads to meet internal and external deadlines.
• Monitor and maintain inventory of computers and peripherals to ensure continuous business operation.
• Provide oversight and follow-up on outstanding Help Desk requests to ensure timely resolution.
• Maintain compliance with internal and external Service Level Agreements.
Required Technical Skills:
• Technical training in an Information Technology related field.
• 4 or more years of helpdesk support and/or systems administration.
• Broad knowledge of workstation and server software, hardware, and operating systems.
• Knowledge of workstation software including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Anti-virus, etc.
• Experience managing and supporting mobile devices (iOS and Android).
• A working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
• Mac OS experience a plus.
• Ability to research solutions or information regarding technical issues.
Required Soft Skills:
• Customer service focused individual with the ability to handle customer interactions with diplomacy and tact.
• Proven track record of supervision, mentorship or technical training.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in an appropriate technical or non-technical language.
• Must have a good command of the English language to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support.
• Ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner.
• Ability to lift and/or carry 15-30 lbs. or more and push and pull carts when necessary.