You will ensure compliance with state and local sales and use tax laws and regulations. You will review business licenses applications and renewals. You will reconcile all tax general ledger accounts.
• Ensures compliance with state and local sales and use tax laws and regulations.
• Reviews business licenses applications and renewals.
• Reconciliation of all tax general ledger accounts.
• Gather data and reconcile to financial statements.
• Provides tax support, researching questions and resolving tax issues.
• Ensure timely payment of all taxes.
• Resolve issues that arise as a result of operations and various taxing jurisdictions.
• Prepare, calculate, project, and perform other related assignments.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Tax or Accounting or equivalent degree earned abroad.
• CPA track and Master’s degree in Tax or Accounting (preferred)
• Minimum 2-4 years of experience in sales tax, multistate.
• Big 4 or mid-size public accounting firm experience preferred.
• Knowledge of tax related laws and regulations.
• Extensive MS Excel knowledge.
• Experience working with SAP 4 Hana, Avalara and/or Checkpoint Research tool a plus.
• Experience preparing documentation to respond sales tax audits (not required)
• Can effectively communicate and deal with internal and external professionals, tax authorities, etc. both over the phone and in person.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Detail oriented, strong time management and organizational/record-keeping skills
• Ability to use independent judgment and be able to work in a team and/or independently with minimal supervision.
• Be proactive and analytical thinker
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish (required).