Our rapidly expanding business is currently searching for a Finance Director (Europe) to join our team. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for the financial health of all Monat European entities. By combining strategic, financial, and operational goals, the Director of Finance will manage all finance and economic aspects of Monat European entities by enforcing a financial strategy aimed toward scalability of the business and profitable long-term growth.
The Finance Director (Europe) will be accountable for providing financial strategy and relevant financial reports as well as the overall P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow statements. Will be responsible for financial statement assurance and will perform as first line of defense within Monat’s control framework. Additional duties on top of overseeing the finance department will include supporting the local General Manager generating reports, conducting risk assessments and analysis on specific business initiatives.
Finance Director Europe will report solid to CFO of Monat Global. This role will also report dotted line to General Manager.
Accounting & Reporting (A&R)
• Hands-on management of the General Ledger and Month-end accounting close process.
• Lead the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in addition to financial/operational reporting.
• Identify continuous improvement areas within finance and participate in continuous improvement projects.
• Responsible for the preparation of regular monthly reports for corporate finance, statutory purposes, and local management.
• Accountable for the outcomes of all accounting and financial reporting activities for Monat UK, Monat Poland and Monat Ireland. Two more European countries will be added in 2021.
• Review balance sheet accounts reconciliation on a monthly basis.
• Accountable for US GAAP reporting for Monat UK, Monat Poland and Monat Ireland along with local statutory reporting.
• Manage the annual statutory audit for Monat UK, Monat Poland and Monat Ireland
• Work closely with Local and Global Tax team to ensure accurate and timely VAT reporting for Monat UK, Monat Poland and Monat Ireland.
• Monitor relevance and accuracy of the different sources of information.
• Oversee Accounts Payables and Purchase Order (PO) processes.
• Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) review and analysis and report preparation.
• Issue timely and complete financial statements for European entities (Monat UK, Monat Poland and Monat Ireland). New additions in 2021 (Spain and Lithuania).
• Maintain a dashboard with financial metrics (DSO, DPO, DIO, CCC, debt position & Equity position, liquidity amongst others).
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management monthly.
• Provide for a system of management cost reports.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
• Preparation of the Annual Budget for each country.
• Monthly forecasting by cost center for Fixed Expense in Planning Maestro.
• Sales projections on excel and then in Planning Maestro once developed.
• Collaborating with Director of FP&A and General Manager (GM) on P&L projection’s for revenue, COGS and Variable Expense. Revenue and Expense forecasting and reforecasting.
• Prepare monthly & quarterly cash flow projections.
• Support the Treasury department managing the relationships with local banks and financial institutions.
• Identify and evaluate variances of each subsidiary along with the Treasury department.
• Work closely with the Treasury department clearing the open transactions in the bank reconciliation of each subsidiary.
• Teaming up with the Tax function (lead by Global VP Taxes and her/his local delegate) to ensure timely and accurate calculation and submission of direct and indirect taxes (VAT returns/corporate taxes/Annual returns amongst others).
• Work closely with Europe Business Administration Director with EU Roll Out Plan and expansion plans to new European markets.
• SAP lead for European markets.
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
CPA (or equivalent preferred, ie ACA, ACCA, CMA, etc…)
• 8-10 years of Accounting experience and Financial Control experience. Prior experience in Big Four (PwC, EY, KPMG and PwC) will be a plus.
• Proven experience with large ERP systems (e.g. preferably SAP) is a must, including Inventory and GL modules.
• Proven experience with US GAAP/IFRS reporting.
• Experience in cost accounting, preferably for manufacturing company focusing on personal care products.
• Experience with new BI tools, such as Power BI or Tableau is a big plus.
• Proven ability to understand key business drivers and how to translate these into meaningful reporting.
• Demonstrated ability to operate in a culture of continuous improvement, process optimization and intellectual curiosity.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated change agility and ability to deliver in a fast pace, challending and changing environment.
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.
• Skilled at leveraging financial and business systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making. Maintains working knowledge of data systems and applications.
• Resilient and agile.